Blue Thistle Flower
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
A fresh blue flower, Thistle has a very distinctive spiky snowflake-shaped bloom with a cone center. Each stem averages between 2 and 5 blooms. Varying from a grayish blue to royal purple blue, this unique flower is sure to make a memorable wedding bouquet, table centerpiece or flower arrangement. Our Ecuadorian flowers are shipped fresh at wholesale prices.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Blue Thistle Flower
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event
Average Stem Length: 20 to 27.5 inches
Symbolism: Thistle represents protection and pride.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Wednesday.
- Average bloom size is 1 to 3 inches.
- Average cone size ranges from 1/4 in to 1 in.
- Each stem has a spray of 2 to 5 primary blooms, and several possible smaller blooms.
- Thistle flowers are shipped in a grower's bunch.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days.
- Thistle is a thorny plant with a beautiful flower.
- The thorns are known to mean protection.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Our flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cold water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool, dry area until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
One of my favorite flowers for just about any purpose, arrangement and occasion! Work beautifully in boutonnieres!!
Hi Celia! We love hearing how you use our beautiful flowers to create unforgettable arrangements. Thank you for sharing!
Everything was perfect and the flowers exceeded all expectations
We love seeing our flowers in beautiful arrangements! Thank you for sharing your pictures. The thistle really adds texture to make a lovely arrangement, and I'm sure it made your wedding even more unforgettable. It's always a pleasure to see our flowers being used to create such special moments.
Thank you for choosing us for your wedding, and for sharing your photos with us.
I was very impressed with the overall experience of using fifty flowers. They were delivered on time. They were packed carefully and efficiently. The flowers performed beautifully in the table arrangements, and lasted for another week ( the extras I took home). Couldn’t be more pleased; highly recommend.❤️
Your flowers look absolutely stunning in the pictures! I'm so glad to hear that you were happy with the quality and the packaging. It's always a pleasure to hear that our flowers have brought joy to someone's special day.
I'm also glad to hear that you were able to take them home to decorate for one more week. Flowers are such a beautiful way to brighten up a space!
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us. We love seeing how our flowers are used to create beautiful arrangements!
The bride and groom had a vision for a romantic, understated, elegant take on a rustic barn wedding. The team at Fifty Florals made that happen by providing beautiful lush greenery that was incorporated (in combination with other flowers and greenery) into bouquets, arbor decor, 14 tables of DIY table garland, floral hoops, centerpieces, boutinneres and more!
We hosted a Farm to Table Dinner at Kemper Lakes Golf Club for our Members and their Guests.
Photos are from that event.