Antique Blue Jumbo Hydrangea
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
Add dimension and form to your arrangements with Antique Blue Jumbo Hydrangeas. Jumbo hydrangeas are made of clusters of small, four-petaled flowers that create one large, airy bloom. The bloom combines olive green undertones with highlights of blue and hints of lemony yellow, making it perfect for chic, vintage-inspired events. Pair with blooms like mini cymbidium orchids lovely, faith wholesale lavender roses, white ranunculus fresh flowers, and silver brunia balls.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Antique Blue Jumbo Hydrangea
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 2 days before your event
Average Bloom Width: 7 to 10 inches
Average Stem Length: 12 to 16 inches
Symbolism: Hydrangeas are the symbol for perseverance and understanding. The word 'hydrangea' means water barrel.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Thursday.
- Hydrangeas are available year round.*
- Hydrangeas feature one bloom per stem.
- If your desired delivery date is not available, please contact customer care to arrange a possible rush delivery.
- Expected vase life is an average of 5 days, with proper care and handling.
- Hydrangeas tend to vary in color from bloom to bloom; this is a naturally occurring phenomenon.
- Hydrangeas are considered a focal flower, accent flower and/or filler flower depending on your arrangement.
- Hydrangea flowers are shipped with water bags attached to each stem to keep the flower hydrated during shipping.
- Hydrangeas love water, make sure to monitor the water levels in your containers!
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
**Returns will only be accepted if flowers arrive in poor condition. Returns will not be accepted for circumstances resulting from negligence.
Our flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cold water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool, dry area until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
This was my splurge item! I love the unique blend of colors from blues to greens to muted hues of purple! We used these flowers for the large vases on both sides of the church altar and repurposed at the venue to highlight the head table. These flowers were gorgeous when combined with birch and willow accents!
I love love love hydrangea and I wanted to add this to the bouquets and oh my! what a difference these made! Beautiful color!
JUMBO is right! I pulled these out of the box and they were literally as big as my head! The next morning after a cool bath and fresh cut these hydrangea were literally amazing! My blooms all changed different colors it was fascinating to watch them change over the week- some of them were a nice olive color with a deep blue, others turned a little more antique blue with a cool green! I loved everything about these flowers. I used them as a base for my bouquets and then just pulled the steams of my roses and other flowers through the hydrangea. This allowed my bouquets to be really full looking without all the work! I also did this for my centerpieces, although the blooms were so big I had to spilt it into 2 or sometimes 3 and use one section as the base for my centerpieces! I loved having these hydrangeas paired with my flower selections but I can easily see how they would hold their own as an individual flower for a bouquet or arrangement!
The bride squealed with joy when we opened the Antique Blue Jumbo Hydrangea. The dusty blue and pale green with cream were the exact colors we'd hope they be and they were fabulously enormous. Each head was 12 to 14 inches in diameter. We were nervous about the care of hydrangeas and friends had told us horror stories about how quickly the can go limp. But not these! They were packaged meticulously with each head wrapped individually and the stems all had their own hydration pack carefully attached. These flowers formed the base of all our design and the bride's bouquet contained 3 of them so you can imagine how lush and romantic her bouquet looked. We also used these in galvanized, French flower buckets as aisle markers. Every bride considering adding a touch of dusty blue needs to purchase these!
This beautiful wedding took place in the Jamison Gardens on a September evening. The flowers looked like they were just hand picked.