5 Looks to Inspire Your Sunflower Wedding Bouquets
Brighten up your day with a sunflower wedding bouquet! Sunflowers stand tall and bright and always face the sun. They stand for adoration, faith and loyalty — how perfect for your wedding? You can incorporate sunflowers throughout your ceremony and reception.
Sunflowers make stunning focal flowers in bouquets and arrangements, and there are so many colors, sizes, and shapes to choose from. They are available year-round, but their peak season is in late summer and fall. Their colors blend in beautifully with traditional autumn tones.
Read on to learn about sunflowers and how to incorporate these brilliant blooms into your wedding.
Chances are that bright yellow comes to mind when you think of a sunflower. But sunflowers come in so many colors, both natural and tinted. Here's a complete list of sunflower colors:
- Yellow with a brown center
- Yellow with a green center
- White and pink
- Yellow and red
- Lime green
Sunflower Sizes and Styles
Sunflowers come in three different sizes: miniature, small, and medium.
- Mini sunflowers have a center average of 0.75 to 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Small sunflowers have a center average of 1.0 to 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Medium sunflowers have a center average of 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
A traditional sunflower features a circular center from which long petals burst outward. The scientific name for sunflowers is "helianthus." The tallest sunflower ever grown was 30 feet tall!
Teddy Bear Sunflower
Unlike a traditional sunflower, the teddy bear sunflower has no center — just a breathtaking abundance of fluffy, lush petals.
There's also the Sunsplash sunflower, available in a full-size or miniature version. The petals of the Sunsplash sunflower are more feathery than a traditional sunflower, giving the bloom a whimsical feel.
What other flowers do sunflower pair well with?
When creating sunflower wedding bouquets and arrangements, use your sunflowers as the focal flower. Bright and beautiful, they are the star of the show. You can use sunflowers alone with greenery or blend them with other flowers. Sunflowers pair beautifully with these flowers:
- Feverfew Daisies
- Billy Balls
- Baby's breath
5 Sunflower Wedding Bouquets and Arrangements
There are so many gorgeous ways you can incorporate sunflowers into your wedding day. Get inspired with these 5 examples of sunflower wedding bouquets, arrangements, and decorations.
1. This unique red orange variety will brighten up any sunflower wedding bouquet or arrangement.
2. You can't go wrong with a classic, only long-stemmed sunflower wedding bouquet. This style is especially beautiful for nature inspired outdoor weddings or the farmhouse aesthetic.
3. This yellow and red sunflower wedding bouquet is elegant with a touch of whimsy. If you love tradition, but want to mix it up a bit, this look is for you.
4. This sunflower wedding bouquet is untamed and bright like the wildflowers that comprise it. This style is bold and unrestrained, great for the adventurous soul.
5. The greenery is the focus of this modern sunflower wedding bouquet.
No matter what style of sunflower you pick, rest assured that the flower will be in full bloom all day. Sunflowers are one of the sturdiest flowers, and they will stand up to any weather while remaining stunning.
May you be like a sunflower and always find a way to stand tall and face the sun.
Love these looks but don't want to choose each flower? Try our Autumn Sunrise Wedding Collection. It features a beautiful combination of flowers perfect for your sunflower wedding bouquet.
Photo 3 - Venue: Elk Run Cabin, Cascade, ID, Photographer: Jacque S. Photography @photosbyjacque, Dress: Amy's Bridal Boutique, Tux: Generation Tux
Read More Like This: