Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
A hearty, yellow flower, Sunflowers have a dark center surrounded by many ray like petals. Known for following the sun across the sky, the sunflower has come to mean “power” and “nourishment". The black center averages 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Our bold Standard Sunflowers add an informal touch to any bouquet, table centerpiece or flower arrangement. Sunflowers are shipped fresh from our farms, directly to your doorstep. Order online and pay wholesale prices, plus receive free shipping!
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Sunflowers
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 4 days before your event
Average Stem Length: Average Minimum of 24 inches
Average Diameter of Flower: 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches.
Symbolism: Sunflowers represent Power, warmth, and nourishment
- These Sunflowers are available year-round.*
- Each stem has one flower.
- The center for this particular Sunflower is a dark brown or black color.
- Mini Sunflowers have a black center average of 0.75 to 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Small Sunflowers have a black center average of 1.0 to 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Medium Sunflowers (Standard) have a black center average of 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
- Sunflowers are shipped with either 5 or 10 stems per bunches and are bundled together by a rubber band.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days.
- Sunflower meaning is 'power, warmth, nourishment.
- Sunflowers are phototropic, meaning that the blooms will follow the light. Make sure arrangements are evenly lit to prevent shifting.
- Stems may not always be perfectly straight. The straightness may vary depending upon Mother Nature. FiftyFlowers.com will not refund or reship for sunflowers that arrive crooked or do not straighten. It is a risk accepted upon ordering. See Flower Care tab for further instructions.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Our flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cold water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool, dry area until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
I mixed some of the DIY combos and some specific flower packs to make the arrangements for my wedding. All of the flowers arrived intact and were easy to prep for arrangements. The recommended delivery dates were perfect, gave just the right amount of time for the sunflowers to open up and they lasted so well I ended up making some vase arrangements to keep around the house to remember the best day of my life!
Hi Tabitha! We're so excited to have been a part of your unforgettable wedding! We love the mix you chose- it's such a fun and magical look. It's also wonderful to know you kept some of them around. What a great way to brighten up your days! Thank you for sharing your picture, we love how the Sunflowers on the bouquet match your tattoo!
The sunflowers from Fifty Flowers were so lovely. Freshly and carefully packed, the suggested timed arrival was perfect. The beautiful blooms peaked as expected, and they remained so pretty for more than a week. Based on this happy experience, Fifty Flowers will be my go-to for any bulk flowers.
I bought these for a wedding I did. First of all, the box was pretty badly mangled when it arrived, but that was the shipping company, NOT FiftyFlowers' fault. Some of the sunflowers had the heads snapped off, but FiftyFlowers made it right the very same day. Most of them endured the abuse quite well, and looked gorgeous all day in the sun in June in Arizona. I have purchased these sunflowers in the past, and I will again. Just big beautiful flowers all around. Keep in mind if you buy these, normal kitchen scissors are not enough to cut the stems. They are BIG.
Thank you so much for your kind and honest words. I'm so glad to hear that you were happy with your flowers. FiftyFlowers flowers are always fresh and of the highest quality, but sometimes, due to shipping constraints, 1-2 flowers per bunch may arrive bruised or damaged and may require additional TLC.
I'm happy to hear that you were satisfied with the solution and quickness offered by our Customer Care team. We always want to make sure our customers are happy, and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to keep working with you in the future!
Thanks to COVID-19, my brother-in-law and then future sister-in-law had make the decision to postpone their big celebration until 2021 but still wanted to get married on their original August 2020 date. They made the decision about a month before their date and had a lot of new planning to do! I offered to help with whatever they needed and was excited when they asked if I would do the flower arrangements for their arbor. I got married the September of 2019 and took on the challenge of putting my own centerpieces and bouquets together so I knew the stress of having to do this day-of. My sister-in-law had opted to use her florist for her and her MOH bouquets but wanted to decorate the arbor, since they postponed their venue no other decorations were needed. I directed her to FiftyFlowers and we ended up getting pampas grass and purple roses (the eucalyptus was purchased from her florist). The arrangements were a huge hit! So many compliments on how professional they looked. My sister-in-law and I were able to save some of the pampas after the ceremony for around the house decor.
In prepping for a COVID micro-wedding, we are trying to reduce the number of face-to-face vendors as much as possible, and this quickly led to doing our own florals. The Save-the-Grower pack was a perfect chance to try processing a small batch of flowers, and get a sense of how the progress over the suggested opening window.
Photos attached are:
-still packaged/as-received; delivered right on time by Fedex.
-re-hydrated at +2 days; most of them opened beautifully (although some of the deeply cupped garden roses stayed very dense). If a rose has a droopy neck on day 1, don't give up on it! Recut it (as sharp as possible, an inch or two up) and there's a good chance they'll spring right back to life. (I've also invested in QuickDip through Amazon for the wedding, it's a slightly acidic solution which can supposedly help prevent air bubbles, fungal growth at the end and promote better hydration). They still looked excellent on Day 3, so if your schedule is already full it would probably be OK to get them in a bit earlier.
-arranged on DAY 7. They were so gorgeous just scattered on the table in vases I didn't want to break everything down and strip off the foliage too soon! 23 garden roses made for a lovely 10"-diameter hand-tied dome (one was too fully opened to squish in), arranged in a spiral-style. I highly recommend FlowerJoos videos for tutorials, very technical but also very sweet.
Overall I wouldn't pick these colors for a wedding, but as a cheer-me-up they were stunning! I also think the small-scale practice was very useful, in terms of tools, time, and space needed. I'll be coming into the wedding week with a much better sense of time required, and I know I'll enjoy the process!