White Designer Freesia Flower
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
Considering that white is defined as the blending of all colors together, it makes sense that White Designer Freesia Flowers are so satisfying and beautiful on their own. A small line of bloom sits atop a long stem; several open into poised, trumpet-shaped blooms, while others stay as buds, adding a weightless elegance to the flower. This bloom is perfect for adding romance to any arrangement; try pairing it with Blush Pink Peony Flowers and Pink Ranunculus Flowers.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the White Designer Freesia Flower
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event
Average Stem Length: 10 to 20 inches
Symbolism: Freesia represents innocence and friendship.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Wednesday.
- Freesia flowers are shipped in a 10 stem bunch.
- Each stem has 3 to 5 blooms grouped together at the top of the stem. The blooms will cascade from largest to smallest and towards the tips will continue with immature blooms.
- Designer freesia has double the petals, which adds a more ruffled, full look to each bloom.
- Freesia is a fragrant flower. However, commercially grown freesia may or may not have a fragrance.
- Expected vase life is an average of 6 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
**Returns will only be accepted if flowers arrive in poor condition. Returns will not be accepted for circumstances resulting from negligence.
Our flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cold water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool, dry area until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
Centerpiece and Arch Design
Great cream color, worked very well for our centerpieces and my flower crown. It was so pretty and looks even better in person.
These smelled heavenly and added a nice curve at the periphery of the bride's bouquet and table arrangements.
I kept going back and forth, literally for months, on my flower order - and this was one that kept getting added or removed simply because of whatever mood I was in... and in the end I am SO SO glad I was in a freesia kind-of mood! These were so gorgeous, super sturdy/hardy, smelled amazing, and their form/bloom habit was unlike anything else in the arrangements! I also really loved the un-bloomed freesia and used them for added texture!
I had to call multiple times because they said they couldn't deliver our flowers. I noted that we would be in a hotel from the beginning and the front desk knew of the flowers the entire time we were there. The delivery Fed Ex Express chose to not deliver them. I literally tracked down the truck and he said he had them on the truck but didn't deliver them because he had another delivery that was time sensitive and had to do that. He was going to bring them back the next day but since I found him, he brought them to the hotel later that day. The Freesia and Yarrow were apparently on a different truck and they didn't bring them until the afternoon the following day. Very disappointing that the delivery people didn't even try to deliver the flowers when they had them on their truck. The Yarrow was so dried out we didn't even use it.
Hi Mary Ann,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your experience didn't meet your expectations.
Our flowers are shipped from a network of over 200 farms around the world, and we include free Express Shipping service via FedEx or UPS on all flowers available on our website. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but we can only guarantee things within our control. 99.9% of the time, everything goes as planned, but if there is a weather delay or air labor strike, for example, shipments could be delayed. This is clearly stated in our terms and conditions, which you agreed to when you placed your order.
We understand that damage can sometimes occur during shipping, even if it's the courier's fault. In these cases, we are happy to offer a solution if we are informed of the problem immediately and provided with digital pictures for quality inspection. I see that we were informed of the problem, but we did not receive any pictures. Unfortunately, we cannot accept your claim or grant a refund without pictures. We require immediate notification and pictures upon receipt of the flowers because this gives us the best chance of resolving the issue.
We are always available to assist our customers and we are committed to providing a high-quality experience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1877 50 ROSES.