Save the Alstroemeria Flowers
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
During these stressful times, it is vitally important that we bring happiness and comfort into the spaces we have become quarantined in. Alstroemeria is a flower that will brighten your home for weeks to come. These blooms may last until after the COVID-19 shelter in place orders have been removed. It is easy to let our minds wander to an area of stress and frustration, but flowers have been scientifically proven to reduce the anxieties of whoever brings them into their living space. Everyday, take a moment to connect with your flowers. Admire their blooms as they open each day. Notice the water and how clear and pristine it is and think back to a beautiful swim you may have taken in the past. Flowers ask us to step away from the hustle and bustle, the stresses, and JUST BE. What a beautiful thought to have these flowers in your home, and know that when they are near us, we will be able to start over refreshed, embracing the company of those we care about.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Save the Alstroemeria Flowers
- Flower Care
In the "new" normal times during COVID 19, flower growers are at risk of loosing their flower business including the flower production. In conjunction with the entire flower community, FiftyFlowers is teaming up with breeders, growers, florist, consumers to #SaveTheGrowers.
Studies prove that having flowers in your immediate environment reduces stress immensely for women. ++
- Alstroemerias are also referred to as Peruvian Lilies
- Fulfilled by our Colombia partner farm Elite ... Read more about Elite Flower Farms below.***
- Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions
*** Founded in 1991 by industry pioneer Peter Hannaford, The Elite Flower has grown from a small rose farm in Colombia to nearly 700 hectares spanning the world. Despite this rapid growth and scale, 25 years later Elite still remains a privately-owned family farm. In fact, the largest privately-owned flower farm in Colombia. As the company continues to grow, the family values instilled by Peter have only grown stronger.
++ According to a 2018 study done by Society of American Florists "adding flowers to indoor environments results in a statistically significant and meaningful reduction in stress."
Flower Bunches are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
Open your boxes and – after doing a little happy dance – inspect your flowers. Remove all flowers from the box by cutting any straps. Now, stop and smell the flowers *deep breath* … Okay, continue.
- Fill a clean vase with water and flower food! Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. Mix flower food in the water to prevent bacteria and give added nutrients to the flowers. We can not guarantee that every farm-fresh shipment will include flower food, but it can be easily purchased from a local florist or the floral department in your local grocery store. Sometimes they will even give you a few packets for free if you ask nicely!
- Remove leaves that fall below the top of the vase. Remove any foliage from the flowers that falls below the waterline of your vase. In removing foliage, care should be taken not to damage the stem. This prevents the growth of mold or bacteria, which can cause premature wilting.
- Give stems a fresh cut. Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut stems diagonally, approximately one inch from the stem’s bottom edge. An angled cut will allow for a larger surface area for water absorption and prevents the ends of your stems from sitting flat in the container blocking water absorption. Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the water you just prepared.
- Place in the vase immediately. Give flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Most flowers will take up to 8 to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- After 2 days, repeat the steps. Change water every 24 hours and re-cut stems every 24 to 48 hours to keep flowers fresh. Ensure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-850-FLWRFIX (359-7349)