Pink Ice Protea Flower
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
Protea Pink Ice is an incredibly unique tropical flower that will leave guests oohing and ahhing. This curious novelty flower is comprised of a large head surrounded by fuzzy pink petals that overlap to create a tall cup shape. Often the petals are so fuzzy that it almost appears as if they are tipped in frost. Perched on a tall, sturdy stem protea flowers have long oval shaped leaves that add a perfect contrasting green. Use them for any event like a birthday or anniversary party, ladies luncheon or chic wedding, just remember: they're definitely a conversation starter. A member of one of the oldest families of flowers on earth, proteas date back 300 million years and, according to Greek legend, are named after Proteus the son of Poseidon. Incredibly mystical and slightly mysterious, Protea flowers symbolize transformation, diversity and courage. Stunning no matter how you arrange them, our pink protea will look particularly great when blended with roses, dinner plate dahlias and lilies or simply bunched on their own. So stunning, so unique, so magical these flowers are straight out of a storybook.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Pink Ice Protea Flower
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event
Average Stem Length: Average minimum of 16 inches
Symbolism: Protea represents diversity and courage.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Wednesday.
- Protea Flowers are a seasonal flower. *
- Queen Protea are focal flowers and is fully bloomed ready to use - there is no special preparation required.
- Each stem features one huge bloom.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days.
- Bloom width is approximately 3 inches wide.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
**Returns will only be accepted if flowers arrive in poor condition. Returns will not be accepted for circumstances resulting from negligence.
Tropical flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their long journey, this is absolutely normal. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut away any straps securing the flowers to the box and remove your flowers. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Continue this process until all of your flowers are in water. Do not overcrowd your containers.
- Store your flowers indoors. Optimal storage temperature for tropical flowers is between 55°F to 75°F. This is very important for tropical flowers. Do not refrigerate your tropical flowers. Refrigeration will damage the blooms. Keep them away from direct sunlight, drafts, and excessive heat as well.
- Let your flowers hydrate before arranging them. Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water level. Tropical flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive, so it will likely need to be refilled.
- Change the water for your flowers ever 24-48 hours to ensure they stay healthy and happy. Re-cut the stems when giving them fresh water.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
KILLER aesthetics - I loved these proteas! I will repeat - I LOVED these proteas! The deep dark center paired well with my burgundy flowers and the Iced center really pulled the sunlight into the bloom making it look fabulous in our bouquets! I had so many questions and interest in these flowers!!! I love how they stand out so much in my photos also. These are a tough stem to cut, and I was prepared with some strong shears but I still had to put a little muscle into it!!!
I love these protea flowers!! I got so many compliments on how beautiful and unique these were in our bouquets and centerpieces!
Beautiful and exotic flowers! They look exactly like the photos online. I would definitely recommend these for a tropical or beach theme wedding reception.
IN LOVE! Proteas are some of my favorite flowers, and these definitely met (and exceeded!) my expectations. They were a beautiful deep pink and added just the right amount of bohemian flair to our arrangements. They were also super hardy. I loved that there was variation in these - some were slightly smaller (large rose sized), while others were totally huge. It offered us some room to play around with where to place them, and how many.
I absolutely love this flower. We got it Delivered the Thursday before our wedding and I honestly wished we would have gotten it on Wednesday. They were just beginning to really open on Saturday when we made the bouquets. They were so beautiful and we received a lot of praise for this flower!