Orange Pin Cushion Flower
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
Buy fresh tropicals at FiftyFlowers.com. Protea Orange Pin Cushion Flower is an unusual yet stunning flower that will add a touch of the exotic to your event. This novelty flower gets its name due to its resemblence of a pincushion. Displaying a rich orange color with hints of yellow, this bloom would be an amazing statement for a beach wedding.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Orange Pin Cushion Flower
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event
Average Stem Length: Average minimum of 12 inches
Symbolism: Protea Pin Cushion flowers represent diversity and courage.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Wednesday.
- Protea Pin Cushion are focal flowers and is fully bloomed ready to use - there is no special preparation required.
- Each stem features one bloom.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 6 days with proper care and handling.
- Protea Pin Cushion Flowers are 2 to 3 inches in width.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
**Returns will only be accepted if flowers arrive in poor condition. Returns will not be accepted for circumstances resulting from negligence.
Tropical flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their long journey, this is absolutely normal. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut away any straps securing the flowers to the box and remove your flowers. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Continue this process until all of your flowers are in water. Do not overcrowd your containers.
- Store your flowers indoors. Optimal storage temperature for tropical flowers is between 55°F to 75°F. This is very important for tropical flowers. Do not refrigerate your tropical flowers. Refrigeration will damage the blooms. Keep them away from direct sunlight, drafts, and excessive heat as well.
- Let your flowers hydrate before arranging them. Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water level. Tropical flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive, so it will likely need to be refilled.
- Change the water for your flowers ever 24-48 hours to ensure they stay healthy and happy. Re-cut the stems when giving them fresh water.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
These were so cool, they opened up really well, and they stayed open for a while, with zero problems.
This was the first time I've used the Pin Cushion Protea. They opened up beautifully and held their stunning shape for days. I used one in each arrangement. It was like the bow to the package. Everyone enjoyed their beauty so much.
One arrived completely broken off the stem but I used it as decor elsewhere so it was ok. Other than that, they were beautiful and much larger than I thought they would be. Great texture and color.
So much texture and so fun
The pin cushion flower is such an amazing textural piece. We used it in all of the bouquets as well as on our huppah, and it was a showstopper. FiftyFlowers was thoughtful enough to include a few extras, knowing that a few might lose some pins or get crushed in shipping. Because of that, we received all 20 in perfect condition plus a few extra that ended up a little battered on one side (but still workable).