Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
Blue Cornflowers are fresh flowers with a small, bright blue bloom and a ball-like center surrounded by frilly indigo petals to create lovely star-like florets. Cornflowers sit atop tall grass like stems, and will often come with several sprays of closed buds, as well. Also known as Bachelor Buttons, legend has it that a young man in love will wear a bright cornflower in his lapel; if his love is returned, the flower will remain bright and fresh. Blue Cornflowers are a stunning bloom that stay true to their color; blend them with other soft petaled flowers like anemones or roses for a gorgeous, garden look.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Blue Cornflowers
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event.
Average Stem Length: 15 to 20 inches
Average Bloom Size: .5 to 1 inch
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- Cornflowers are shipped with 10 stems per bunch.
- Cornflowers will have on average 3-5 blooms per bunch. It is normal for there to be many partial or unbloomed stems.
- Cornflower blooms have a ball-like center with frilly petals surrounding the eye.
- Cornflower has excessive weedy-like foliage that run up the length of the stem.
- Cornflowers are also known as Bachelor Buttons.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
* Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+ Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++ In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Our flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cold water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool, dry area until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
A little slow to open, but nice color. Used in reception centerpieces.
A last minute addition to my cart I loved these!! The blue was so bright! They were a little hard to wrangle as the stems are vine-like but so worth it!
Added a vibrant yet quaint effect to the bouquets. A flower that the guys did feel was too feminine!
These flowers opened at their own pace. We had plenty for the arrangements with only a few that bent or broke.
This has been my third time ordering from Fifty Flowers and they never disappoint, alway's beautiful. These were for a very special person to me and I wanted her to have the very best, this was the last thing I could to for my mother and so it had to be the best. Thank you Fifty flowers!!