5 Reasons to Choose Roses
Roses symbolize love and beauty, so it's no surprise that these flowers are a major staple in the wedding world. These timeless and traditional flowers have been around for over 35 million years! Incredibly, something so old is still in style, but more than that, it's an indisputable wedding classic.
There is something so special and timeless about roses—the smell, the colors, the petals. They are inherently romantic and add a touch of elegance to any wedding they grace. This makes them perfect for almost any arrangement. But are roses right for you?
1) They come in all shapes and sizes, so you can customize your wedding flower aesthetic. If you are not feeling the look of a classic rose, we also offer various options like ruffled garden roses, spray roses, or delicate sweetheart roses.
2) Roses come in a wide range of colors, and each color has its own unique symbolism. For example, red roses are often associated with love and passion, while white roses are often associated with purity and innocence. Pink roses show appreciation and admiration, while yellow roses display feelings of friendship and joy. No matter your theme or intention, there’s a rose color that can help you convey it perfectly. Learn more about rose colors and their meanings here.
3) They’re adaptable. Roses complement most flower types and look great in all arrangement styles. You can also use rose petals for a different design vibe.
Pro Tip: If you have any roses left over after arranging, you can de-petal them and still put them to use!
4) Roses are budget-friendly. With so many sizes, colors, and options, there's something for everyone. Many of our roses are available in wholesale quantities, as small as 25 stems.
5) They are versatile. No matter the theme of your special occasion, rose can always be incorporated, and work alongside almost any other flower in arrangements or simply on their own.
Now that you know a bit more about roses, are you convinced? Start here if you are. We can't wait to see what you create! Remember to tag @fiftyflowers so we can see all of your beautiful creations.
Need more roses inspiration? Check out our DIY brides' Flower Stories!
Updated by Julia Thompson 01/18/2023
Read More Like This:
- Rose Color Meanings
- Flower Forecast: 2023 Wedding Trends
- You're Engaged! Create Your Wedding Flower Planner
Featured Image - Lead Photographer: @barefootandwindswept, Secondary Photography: Madison Ward, Styling, Coordination, & Design: @wildblissandco, Floral Design: @historiaflorals, Venue: @acreeksideaffair, Wedding Veil: @bridalbymarie, Tie & Bowtie: @boisetuxedoshop, Invitations: @paperieandpen, Vow Books: @theblondescribe, Furniture Rentals: @rustiquerentalsandeventdesign, Jewelry: @diamondgirls_jewelry, Champagne: @theglitterbean
Photo 1,3, 4, & 5 - FiftyFlowers
Photo 6 - Photographer: Ana Greene Photography, Event Venue: Fenimore Art Museum and Farmers' Museum