Why chrysanthemums? Ask any DIY bride and they'll tell you: these autumn bloomers are the perfect addition to your wedding bouquet. Not only are they gorgeous, but chrysanthemum flowers are also incredibly versatile.
They can be used in both formal and informal settings, and work well as centerpieces, bouquets, or boutonnieres. These timeless flowers also come in several varieties, including spider mums, football mums, and cremons; all great to use as focal or filler flowers for your wedding bouquet.
We have recently added to our selection of mums and now carry all of the most popular Fall colors, as well as, an assortment of striking, electric colored tinted mums, so you can find one that matches your wedding theme perfectly.
If you're considering chrysanthemum flowers for your wedding bouquet on your big day, take a closer look at these beautiful blooms.
We think you'll love them as much as we do.
Cremon Style Chrysanthemums
Classic, with a true "mum style" shape and fullness. A single stem draws attention and a grouping builds a wall of color to provide contrast for your focal flower.
Dahlia Style Cremon Chrysanthemums
These chrysanthemums are similar to the dahlia flower, but much more hardy and offer an affordable alternative to a true dahlia.
Football Mums Chrysanthemums
The football mum is the largest of the mum family, with each stem holding a single head of long petals and no center button. They are an affordable focal flower because they fill a lot of visual space with a single stem.
Spider Mum Chrysanthemums
The spider mum is a unique flower within the mum family. Each stem has a single head with long, tubular outer petals, resembling an exploding firework or a spider.
Tinted Mums Chrysanthemums
These flowers are intravenously tinted using a white flower as the base to get striking colors! If head-turning wedding flowers is your goal, this is a great choice.
Daisy Style Chrysanthemums
Similar to daisies with a defined yellow center, but much larger and in bold colors.
In addition to being versatile, plentiful and hardy, these gorgeous blooms are easy to care for. Follow the instructions below on how to process and care for any variety.
Chrysanthemum flower care Instructions:
- Open your box of flowers and inspect.
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food, follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper. Flowers may come with a netting around the blooms. Leave this netting on until you are ready to use and arrange your flowers.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length. Remove any greenery that would fall below the water line, as this can cause bacteria.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
Enjoy your flowers!