One of the hottest trends right now is tropical greenery think Monstera Leaves, Palms, Banana Leaves, and Elephant Ear Greens. Most of us have seen these trendy tropicals in art, fashion, interior design and beyond. Tropical greenery has a modern and simplistic look making it is irresistible. These greens can be used as a decorative filler alongside other tropical blooms or they can be used on its own.
Build your theme around these tropical greens or accessorize with them! Their minimalistic style can be used as your wedding invitation designs or your wedding cake design. These details could also be incorporated into your tablescape like using monstera leaves as place settings or using elephant ear tropical greenery as a menu. The design possibilities are endless!
Whether you choose to DIY or not, check out the many ways you can add a touch of tropical to your design.
How to Care for Your Tropical Greens:
- When your boxes arrive, it is important to get your greenery in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your greens.*
- Gather clean buckets or containers for your greeneries. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the buckets or containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove greens from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves protecting the greens.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overcrowding may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Allow greeneries at least 4 hours to hydrate, greenery may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels. Greeneries will drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep greeneries away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Store greenery in a cool dark area, until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greeneries fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
Tropical wedding greenery offers a captivating and enchanting way to infuse your special day with the spirit of a tropical paradise. From lush foliage and vibrant accents to their evergreen appeal and versatility, tropical greenery allows you to create a wedding ambiance that is both exotic and elegant. So, let your love bloom amidst the tropical foliage and create memories that transport you and your guests to a magical, sun-drenched paradise. Embrace the allure of tropical greenery and embark on a journey to celebrate your love in a tropical oasis of natural beauty.
Ready to Shop? Check out our full selection of Tropical flowers here!
We send fresh flowers straight from the farms to your arms, so you can design your dream look while saving money. If you need help designing, be sure to check out our YouTube for DIY tutorials, book a consultation, or read the blogs below for some more guidance!
Read More Like This:
- Top 10 Hardy Wedding Flowers: Heat Resistant & Easy To Arrange
- Greenery Spotlight: Magnolia
- Budget Saver: DIY Wedding Combo Packs
All photos: Venue: @thepalmschico, Photographer: @katelynbradleyphotography, Videographer: @natachajolene, Design + Coordinator: @haleynyalevents, Floral Designer: @flowersbyjordanmarie, Wholesale Flowers: @fiftyflowers, Cake + Desserts: @ediblememories_, Grazing Board + Cheese Bouquets: @thedancers_pantry, Cheese Bouquet Stand: @thepartyconcierge, Hair + Makeup: @lisaharter_hmua, Gowns: @aebridal @delarosasbridal @diamondbridalgallery, Taylor’s Shoes: @dsw, Suits: @tuxedodenca, Jewelry + Ties: @macys, Accessories: @adorabysimona @arieltaub_accessories @sorrellisparkle @mytrendytrailer, Rentals: @valleyluxuryevents, Mobile Bar and Curated Cocktails: @saludmobilebar, Paperie: @fawcettavepaperco, Custom Signage: @lxvewild, Real Couple Models: Taylor Graham & Chris, Publication: @realweddingsmag