Greenery Spotlight: Sword Fern
We all know what Leather Leaf is, or perhaps you've seen it but you don't know its name. I'll give you a hint. It's commonly paired with roses and baby's breath. Well, today I am highlighting another fern family member, Sword Fern! Sword Fern is a long flat leaf with sword-shape fronds. Ferns in general are known for its color, texture and form. Sword Fern comes in a bright green color so it really pops in floral arrangements (which you can see below). This specific variety especially work best in line arrangements but also look great in round arrangements. Just like Leather Leaf, Sword Fern makes a excellent selection for a decorative filler. Although, we think Sword Fern has more of an edgy look. This variety comes in a grower's bunch, which is typically 8-10 stems per bunch. It can last up to 8 days with proper care, of course! It's also available year-round. Sword Fern looks amazing in tropical arrangements but also works well in other themes such as, boho and woodland.
Greenery is shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your products, we prepare them for shipment with proper hydration methods. If your greenery appears sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL.
- Open your box of greenery and inspect.*
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overstuffing may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Remove greenery from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any stem bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Remove any foliage that lies below the water line to prevent bacteria from entering through the water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow greenery at least 4 hours to hydrate well. It may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep greenery away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greenery fresh. Be sure that your stems have sufficient water. They will drink an exceptional amount of water upon arrival.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your greenery, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the greenery intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
Questions? Let us help! Use our online chat at FiftyFlowers.com or give our Customer Care team a call at 1-877-507-6737. We also offer free phone consultations, just click here to set up your appointment!