Red Enhanced Sunflowers
Wholesale Prices | Delivered Fresh
A fresh red flower, this Sunflower has a disk-shaped center surrounded by many ray like petals. Known for following the sun across the sky, the sunflower has come to mean “adoration” and “loyalty.” A perfect flower for outdoor events, this unique red Sunflower would add an informal touch to any wedding bouquet, table centerpiece or flower arrangement. Our Red Enhanced Sunflower is shipped fresh directly from our Ecuadorian farms to your doorstep. Order online and pay wholesale prices, plus receive free shipping!
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
FiftyFlowers exclusively ships fresh flowers with the fastest priority overnight service. If your desired date is unavailable, contact customer care - chat, call, or text us. We are here to help! When adding products to your cart, the calendar will display how many days before your event we recommended delivery. Because every flower is different, selecting the proper delivery date can be tricky. That's why our team of human experts will personally review each order to ensure you have chosen the appropriate dates for flower perfection. Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee includes this complimentary service.
About the Red Enhanced Sunflowers
- Flower Care
Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event
Average Stem Length: Average Minimum of 24 inches
Symbolism: Sunflowers represent Power, warmth, and nourishment
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Wednesday.
- These Sunflowers are available year-round*
- Each stem has one flower.
- The center for this particular Sunflower is a dark brown or black color.
- These sunflowers are tinted. The tint will NOT rub off of the petals; however, the color may seep where stems are cut or leaves are torn from the stem, especially when wet. Temporarily stains hands, so wear gloves. May stain clothing.
- The color of this tinted product may vary to some degree. Flower react differently to tints. Some petals may not absorb the tint 100% and the color may be darker on some petals than on others. Also, the tint may affect the color of the veins and leaves.
- Sunflowers are shipped with either 5 or 10 stems per bunches and are bundled together by a rubber band.
- Airbrush tinting is a technique where a natural white hydrangea is spray-painted by hand. The concentration of the paint is stronger than intravenous, however it will not be a consistent shade. Some of the natural white may show through in spots for a variegated look. The spray paint may rub off a bit, use caution when processing and arranging (you may want to wear gloves and aprons to prevent stained hands and clothing). The flower tint may dye the water slightly if submerged, so please take this in to consideration when making arrangements.
- Intravenous tinting is a technique where our post-harvest team takes a natural white hydrangea and places its freshly cut stem into concentrated dyed water. This process allows the flower stems to absorb the colored water and tint the bloom as a result. The tint will seep from any cut part of the stem or blooms–like the base of the stem, removed leaf, or torn off flower petals. Use caution when processing and arranging (you may want to wear gloves and an apron to prevent stained hands and clothing).
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days.
- Sunflower meaning is 'power, warmth, nourishment.'
- Sunflowers are phototropic, meaning that the blooms will follow the light. Make sure arrangements are evenly lit to prevent shifting.
- Stems may not always be perfectly straight. The straightness may vary depending upon Mother Nature. FiftyFlowers.com will not refund or reship for sunflowers that arrive crooked or do not straighten. It is a risk accepted upon ordering. See Flower Care tab for further instructions.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Our flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cold water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool, dry area until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
The flowers were beautiful, we had many questions about who the florist was and people were surprised to find out these were purchased on line. I will use FiftyFlowers for future parties and will continue to recommend. The followup was great from the time I placed the order until arrival.